Fungal Infused Biochar
SymSoil® Fungal Infused Biochar (FIB), is a soil conditioner – a form of biochar which has been condition for immediate use. This product is 90% biochar, with fungal foods, humic acids, fungal spores and nearly 10% SymSoil® RC to seed the complete soil microbe biome. In plain English, the complete soil ecosystems with a highly desirable home for the microbes and lots of food to get these life forms well established.
In the soil, fungi act as a prebiotic, a key part of trees, vines, and shrubs getting the nutrients and minerals they need from the soil. However, fungi are the slowest growing part of the soil microbe ecosystem. SymSoil® FIB is loaded with fungal spores, giving the nearly 200 species of fungi in SymSoil® Robust Compost (RC) an opportunity to become a meaningful component.
RC is sometimes called Soil Food Web compost, or high quality thermo compost, or biocomplete compost – a rose by any other name is still a rose. Robust Compost includes the complete ecosystem of soil biology and over 1,000 different species. The complete soil microbe biome includes 7 broad categories of life: Bacteria, Archaea, Fungi, Amoeba, Flagellates, Nematodes and Microarthropods, as well as other forms of life.
SymSoil® FIB, is not just biochar, it is conditioned (or activated) biochar full of life and has been manufactured for use by:
- Conventional farmers, looking to improve soil health by adding biology and providing that biology with a home.
- Farmers in arid areas. Biochar is extremely hydrophilic and can reduce irrigation needs substantially. The combination of microryzza and endophytes and biochar can reduce irrigation needs by as much as 50%.
- Vineyard owners and managers seeking to improve their terroir.
- Organic Farmers seeking to speed up the process of regenerating their land.
- Gardiners seeking to supplement and enhance conventional compost.
SymSoil® FIB is 10% RC, so over 2,000 species, minerals, humic and fulvic acid, plus fungal foods and additional fungal spores. Designed to be bioequivalent with the highest quality Soil Food Web compost (aka BioComplete). The biological specifications of each batch will be shared with the buyer.
Talk to us about large scale farming applications, so we can tailor a solution that works for you.
SymSoil also offers classes in “Conservation Burns.” These are Agricultural Burns that reduce atmospheric carbon dioxide from the fire by 50% – and leave biochar as a residual product.