Biological Farming is a way to working with nature and the soil microbe biome, that results in soil health, lower costs for the grower and higher value crops.
SymSoil offers a variety of products to help biological farmers – including lab test, soil conditioners, robust compost, fungal infused biochar and additional products to solve specific farming challenges. Speak to one of our Soil Mavens about your needs and goals. Inspired by Dr. Elaine Ingham, whose papers on the Soil Food Web are still among the most frequently cited in the field of soil health, SymSoil has products based on a deep understanding of the soil microbe biome and has a patented process for farming microbes, allow us to achieve a variety of blends of indigenous lifeforms, to solve your farming challenges. For many crops, we target the biological specifications recommended by Dr. Elaine Ingham for BioComplete or Soil Food Web Thermo Compost. Her specifications include:
- Measurable Bacterial Biomass (300 micrograms of bacterial biomass per gram minimum)
- Measurable Fungal Biomass (300 micrograms of beneficial fungi per gram, ideal for most crops)
- A disclosed Fungal to Bacterial Biomass Ratio (F:B)
- No Bad Guys
- Within the bacterial biomass, no spirilla, spirochetes or streptococci chains
- Within the fungal material, no more than 15 micrograms of oomycete biomass will be observed.
- Additionally, more than 10,000 Protozoa per gram
- These include flagellates and amoebae
- Very few (100 or less) ciliates
- Beneficial Nematodes (100 or more)
- Primarily bacterial feeding nematodes
- Some fungal-feeders and predatory beneficial nematodes
- No Bad Guys – No root eating nematodes
- An independent laboratory will confirm that no Fecal coliforms are present.
- If e.Coli is present, an independent laboratory will confirm there are no Istat e.Coli (the species harmful to human and animals)
- An independent laboratory will confirm that there are no heavy metals or pesticides in the compost.