Trapping carbon in soil is the best known natural way of removing CO2 from the atmosphere. Living Soil stores carbon, improves agricultural resiliency, food quality and biodiversity.
SymSoil’s patent pending process cultivates the complete soil ecosystems, using methods from multiple composting traditions and proprietary techniques.
“Finding mechanisms for putting carbon back into landscapes enhances biodiversity. More biodiverse ecosystems store more carbon, more securely and are more resilient to the impacts of climate change.”
- Demand for organic food is growing
- Soil degradation is the #1 challenge to organic production and product quality
- Industry size – soil amendments are a $3B industry with a 14.9% CAGR
- Biofertilizers like SymSoil are a subset of Soil Amendments. Nearly $1B in annual revenue industry with a 40% CAGR
25 years of experience in investments and finance. She has been working with green or impact startups since 2010 and with agricultural companies for the past several years.
Has spent a decade in organic farming, with a focus on a variety of approaches to composting.
Production & Logistics
Nationally recognized expert in biochar, related chemistry and agriculture. Has over a decade of biochar innovation.
Has been trained as a Soil FoodWeb Advisor and as an Advanced Permaculture Designer. He has 9 years of composting experience.
Healthy Soil Sequesters Carbon Naturally
Soil destruction creates a vicious cycle, in which less carbon is stored, the world gets hotter, and the land is further degraded.”
— FAO 2015
SymSoil Inc. — A California Benefit Corp.
A scalable alternative to chemical fertilizers. Bacteria that break down glyphosate in every batch. Specialized batches for plants in salty or alkaline soil or environmental remediation.
SymSoil comes with:
- Experienced Management Team made up of Leading Experts in Living Soil
- Intellectual Capital
- Proven Business
- 250 ton “small” first batch
- Initial Orders